Friday 16 June 2017

A Postcard A Day - Friday 16 June 2017 - Friday Smiles

Hello everybody!


How has your week been? My week was full of sorting out things after I came back from Holland, doing all the washing and catching up with the housework etc.


Last Sunday it was my best friend's 60th birthday and I spent Saturday making her a very special cake. As it is extremely hot here, I thought I'd do a cheese cake from the new  cake book that I bought in Holland recently. This is the book:





And this is the cake I tried to make:
 

It turned out very well and my friend was very impressed.
(Note the bunches of herbs in the background that she had picked that morning).
Earlier that day, in fact it was early morning, there was a mountain bike race in the village. They always pass by our house as we live on a 'precipice' at the edge of the village. (Beautiful views but oh so steep) I took lots of photos from the terrace and this one by the front door as they came up the hill:


Lets not forget the postcard. I haven't received any postcards lately as I haven't been sending them. (When I don't send, I don't get). So here are two postcards that I sent this week. They are both images of nearby villages and our village ,looks pretty much like them.

In the second photo you see a few cave houses, that are so popular in our area.

I received a little present this week:
 A piece of soap in a beautiful Little bag. The reason she gave this to me was that I used this soap in her bathroom. I came out with tears in my eyes as the frangrance just took me back. I recognised that frangrance as the soap my grandmother always used.

It has a very strong perfume and is still being made today (since 1905).
I finished another book this week. A thriller if ever there was one! It kept me awake at night, as I wanted to know what happened next. What you call 'superbly menacing'.
Alex Taylor wakes up tied to an operating table.The man who stands over her isn't a doctor.The offer he makes her is utterly unspeakable.But when Alex re-awakens, she's unharmed - and no one believes her horrifying story. Ostracised by her colleagues, her family and her partner, she begins to wonder if she really is losing her mind.And then she meets the next victim.


I have yet to write my Goodreads review but I am going to give it 5 stars. It is that good!


Finally here are some funnies as it is after all Friday Smiles:





That's all from me this Friday. I hope you all have a fantastic week with lots of smiles,
Hugs,
Lisca











13 comments:

  1. Your new book sounds scary. Glad you enjoyed it. I'd like to know a bit more about it before I invest in it, though.

    LOVED your funnies. They were great. I especially liked George Brownridge and the divorce attorneys, too.

    What a thrill that must have been to watch the bike race. They look like they are up to the challenge of those hills.

    Your cake is wonderful. So glad your friend liked it. It turned out beautiful, too.

    Have a great Friday and wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh a fab post as always, the funnies made me smile, when I used to travel up and down the country when we lived away from family we used to pass a solicitors called Wright Hassle and Co - it always made me giggle! How steep is that climb for the riders. The postcards are beautiful and well done on making the new cake - it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a good book. I usually like a book like that when I'm on holiday so I get the time to read it without putting it down. I hate to read that sort of books in short sessions.
    Your funnies really had me giggling....where do you find them?
    As for the cyclists....when I had my replacement knee my surgeon told me I would be able to ride a bike after the op....I laughed cos I couldn't ride one before!
    Have a great week.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great shots of the cycling! I don't think we'd get up that hill on our tandem though ... lol 😀. Such lovely views and postcards of Spanish villages too. The cake looks yummy! Wishing you a Happy Friday and weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always looking for a good book to read! That sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing. LOVED that newspaperclipping too with the sexual innuendo apology - LMAO! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisca, the cake with the cherries looks scrummy! And the funnies are just brilliant and indeed that book sounds rather interesting too. Have great weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again. They are Red Hot Pokers and I don't know why they do that they always seem to droop down whereas some others we have never do that so yes they are an odd shape I agree.

      Delete
  7. Wow, that cake looks delicious!
    That is a super photo of the cyclists.
    Must se if they do that book on Kindle as `I love a good thriller.
    Brill funnies - that poor man in the newspaper ,,, so funny but so embarrassing.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a steep hill for those cyclists in the heat we have this week. A good way to keep fit though.
    The birthday cake looks rather special. Well done.
    I saw your soap post on facebook. What a nice gift. It is Yardley's lavender soap that takes me back to childhood. We used to buy a bar in a lovely tin, to give to mum at Christmas etc, and she kept it in all her clothes drawers, so she always smelled of it. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the laugh!!! Hilarious! Your cale looks super delicious! Send me your address and I'll send you a postcard from the Philippines. Have a great weekend ! Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am impressed with your baking skills. That cake looks so yummy Lisca. Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs-erika

    ReplyDelete
  11. That cookbook looks wonderful-I love cookbooks and collect them-too many lol Your looks is beautiful!!
    How fun to be able to watch the racers-my state of Missouri held races one year and I got to watch them.
    Thriller scarey books are not for me-your cave house sound so cool-do you have photos of it here on your blog??
    Happy Weekend-
    Hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete