Tuesday 28 February 2017

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 28 Feb 2017 - T for Slovakia, sunshine and orzo


Good morning T-gang! Welcome to T-party


Actually, I don't drink coffee, but I thought this image was quite appropriate for today. I probably have told you this before, but I drink stuff called orzo. This is what the pack looks like. If you enlarge it you can probaly read what it says:
Here I have just filled my coffee maker. It looks a bitlike coffee, but it's a roasted grain with aniseed.

My postcard for today comes from Slovakia. Hmm, yes, I had to look it up too. It borders Austria, Poland, Hungary and the Ukraine. Wikipedia describes it as:  a high-income advanced economy with a very high Human Development Index,a very high standard of living and performs favourably in measurements of civil libertiespress freedominternet freedomdemocratic governance and peacefulness
The card comes from  a place called Banska.
I used to live near Bath in the UK and this photo looks like Bath. Natalia writes: "Here is a black and white card of Banska Stiavnica, a historic UNESCO World Heritage city. It is a mining city (banska means mine), built in the middle of an ancient vulcano mountain. The Academy of Mining was founded there in the 18th centuyry, the first technical university in the world." Strangely enough, Bath was also built in the middle of a vulcano caldera!

The stamp looks like this:
The image is from the church of the Virgin Mary in Bina.
I'm writing this late on Monday night. Tomorrow morning we are going away in our campervan. The weather has turned and it is getting warmer. We had lunch on the terrace yesterday:
Camp sites usually have wifi but it's not always sufficient for me to do much commenting, so please be patient if I don't comment immediately. 

I'll be heading now for Elizabeth and Bluebeard's website to join the T-party, where we all share something with a drink in it. Elizabeth was not very well on Sunday. I hope you are feeling better Elizabeth....

CU all soon!

Hugs,
Lisca

22 comments:

  1. Happy T-Day and have a safe trip Lisca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful there. Spring time! I think you have mentioned your drink before but otherwise I have never heard of it. Enjoy yourself as this months ends. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what a really beautiful place you now live in-and I LOVE your header!! It would be a dream to pull up a chair and join you for your lunch. Your postcard exchanges are always so interesting too. Enjoy your camping trip, and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your caravan time, have fun! The postcard looks good, it's always fun learning about new places. You can buy Orzo here, but I've never tried it. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to have lunch on the terrace in that glorious sunshine :-). The postcard reminds me of Bath too. Have a wonderful time in your campervan, wishing you Happy Travels this T Day! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely terrace view you have Lisca.
    I would be spending lots of time up there (although I have to stay out of the sun).
    Fun postcard and interesting background too.
    We enjoyed visiting Bath a few years ago and are excited that we'll get to go again end of April (I am not saying anything on my blog ahead of time).
    Hope you're having a lovely time on this last T Day in February oxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh an funny thing about your Orzo.
    Here it is a tiny pasta.
    Your drink sounds tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning, I am enjoying your postcards and this one with the history.
    I was curious about the orzo beverage and is a grain with gluten (which I can't have) but I searched and found a gluten free version made with corn and rice-sounds interesting.
    I am soooo glad you loved Heart Song too-all of Peggy's books are like that-I read them in one sitting to get to the end-and later I go back and read the again-I hope you go back and read more of the series-her last book for Yellowstone comes out this year. Her writing gets even better-also her Teton series characters tie in. Happy T day and enjoy your trip

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great time Lisca and a Happy T Day.

    Love the photographs and postcard

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your drink of choice today sounds lovely, not a flavour I have seen here in our part of the world. You are so lucky to have the view from your terrace it looks wonderful.
    Enjoy your holiday.
    Happy T day
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm, Slovakia sounds like it might be a nice place to retire - except for the language barrier. lol. I've had a hard enough time learning an easy language like Spanish!

    Enjoy your camper adventure and bring back photos to share ;-)
    Happy T-day, Lisca! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always learn a little something when i visit you and this was no exception... Love your postcard and stamp and seeing what you drink... Have a wonderful camping adventure my friend... be safe.. and Happy happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. That view from the terrace! Wonderful!

    I am a coffee drinker, but I've looked for orzo here without success. Maybe someday...

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful day to be sitting on the terrace. We have clear skies and sunshine today too, been a couple of weeks since we have seen it so pretty.
    I found your post card to really be interesting.
    Happy T-day and enjoy your holiday in your campervan! You have such a pretty smile Lisca!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your drink sounds interesting! Loved reading the interesting facts about Banska Stiavnica! Great that the weather has improved in your part of the World - it has turned colder here again - snow today!! Enjoy your break! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I feel horrible that it has taken me so long to visit. I’m not a very good host this week, and for that I apologize. And I don't have a good excuse like you.

    Believe it or not, I have a friend whose parents moved to the states from Czechoslovakia before it broke into two countries (the Czech Republic and Slovakia). I was intrigued by the postcard for that reason.

    Have fun away, and enjoy your orzo, which is nothing like the orzo you find in the states. Thanks for sharing it and your postcard with us for T this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wonderful postcard and stamp. i wish you a great trip in your campervan!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very interesting postcard. Hope you enjoy yourself on your trip. Our weather is still up and down...one day Springlike and then next not so much. Flowers are blooming though :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Postcards and stamps from other places are always so interesting. I can't wait until our weather is warm enough to eat and hang out in the sun room. The view from your terrace is gorgeous.Enjoy the warm sunshine and have a wonderful journey

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Lisca, It always a joy seeing the beautiful postcards you receive from around the world. I just wanted to thank you for the comment you left on my new blog. Due to my inept computer skills, your comment got deleted on accident! I'm so sorry. So, if you visit again, for sure I won't delete any comment from you. Have a wonderful trip. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely postcard and terrace. Hope you had a safe trip.What's orzo? I'm curious!Happy belated T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope you had fun in your camper van and had wonderful warm weather! Enjoyed the card and stamp today...I always learn something new here! Sorry I'm so late visiting... Nearly time for T again!

    ReplyDelete