Friday 11 March 2016

A Postcard a Day - Friday 11 March 2016 Friday Smiles

Hi folks, sorry I am late to join this morning. So many things to do and not enough time. Sounds familiar?

My postcard for today comes from Germany. I only received it yesterday from Jasmin.
A beautiful Art Nouveau door from Darmstadt. I have since found out it is the door of the Hans Dieters house which was built by Olbrich in 1900. 
Here is a photo from the internet of that house:
Beautiful.

So what smiley news have I got other than the sun is shining here.... well, I have got a new computer!! Whoop whoop! It is a desktop this time with a huge screen (something I have always wanted). Here it is:
I am super pleased! I have spent all yesterday transferring stuff from one computer to the other and generally tidying up the files as I went along so my laptop has a bit more memory. The fan is broken or something and it heats up and then dies (my laptop) but the guy that sold me the new one is going to see if it can be repaired and then I will have a spare. One can never have enough computers hehe.

My other activities this week pale in comparison, but I continue to go the the gym, stick to my diet and lose weight. I treated myself to sushi the other day (OK from the supermarket, but it was nice). (the photo won´t upload... oh well, you all know what sushi looks like)

My DH continues to work in the new flat. He is painting doors, putting doorhandles and locks in (boy what are those things expensive!). Still waiting for the granite which will arrive next week.



I´ll leave it at that as it is getting late. The rest of the day I shall be busy trying to get my iTunes music transferred. Not an easy operation. I have tried it once yesterday, spent hours and then it didn´t happen. Hopefully today is another day and it will go smoothly.

Have a great week all of you. I´m linking up with Annie at A Stitch In Time and with Virginia at Rocking Your World Friday. See you there!

Blessings,

Lisca

11 comments:

  1. Hi Lisca, what a lovely postcard and that house if very beautiful. Well done getting your new computer sorted out so quickly. I can't believe I didn't want one when in 2001 my husband insisted on dragging me into the 21st Century. I enjoy sharing with blogland buddies every day and playing adventure games. I don't know how I manage to fit in the housework ....

    For a moment I thought you were showing a photo of my craft cabin. I think that applies to me as well as many others and finally I love your "What My Mother Taught Me". That takes me back. Have a lovely week. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your craft table photo this week made me laugh. Yup, I am a hoarder of art supplies for sure. Trying not to be...it is an addiction. What a cool door on that postcard. Looks like a wonderful place. Hope the computer change over continues to go well, and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure we both had the same mother Lisca with all that advise....the funny thing is I can almost hear myself in some of them now :-)
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't seem like my Mum died 25 years ago when I read that, I thought for a minute she was still here. I am sure she said all those things to me. Ah yes I remember it well... "If you fall over and break your legs, don't come running to me, my lady" !
    love that door too,
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah fab postcards and totally agree on the sentiment of the craft room - never a truer word spoken!

    Hope you have a beautiful and blessed weekend and week ahead

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisca, BP here. I loved the things your mother taught you, very funny and the postcard is something Angela will love as she is obsessed with Art Nouveau. It is very kind of you to visit me but you must keep quiet about what you see as I should still be on my shelf. They are back tomorrow so I need to get back up there soon. Have a great weekend, BP Mini Me and friends xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you enjoy your new computer Lisca. I love my desktop and would never go back to a laptop, though I do have a small tablet for when I go away.
    I had to laugh at your craft room picture. I don't know about keeping a craft shop in business, I could run a craft shop with my hoard of stash, but everso slowly I am working my way through it - sort of anyway.
    have a good week. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisca, what a gorgeous door - love that you share your interesting postcards, and how lucky are you to have a new computer - bit of a job though to move all your files. Enjoy your weekend cheers Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you are certainly not as late as I am. How wonderful that you got a new computer. I'm thrilled for you. Love the jokes you provided because I really needed something to make me smile after the day I've had. Have a super, super weekend and enjoy that new postcard, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like my Mum too!! AND I am that hoarding crafter... how did you know!! Thanks for the smiles. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lisca, sorry I'm this late ... it takes me forever to get around everyone at the moment. I like that door, it's so different from any we see in Scotland. Your funnies really made me laugh and my mother taught me all those things too. Many thanks for the advice about the voice recognition software. I will look into it but I'm hoping that things will improve over time and I won't need it. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete