Saturday 4 July 2015

A Postcard A Day - Brooklyn Bridge

Good Morning! 
I have another lovely postcard to show you. I did not receive this one this week, but as it Independence Day in the USA I thought it would be appropriate to show you an American card.

The photo is entitled: 
"Girl on a Swing, Pitt Street, New York 1938" 
The photographer is Walter Rosenblum (1919-2006). 
Other info reads: 
Gelatin silver print, 16.2 x 20.3 cm. 
The Jewish Museum, New York. 
Gift of the Rosenblum Family.

I love this photo as the swing depicts fun and freedom. I also recognise Brooklyn Bridge in the background and that for me (a European) is typical American.

The stamps are also very interesting:(info from Wikipedia)




  1. T. S. Eliot
    Essayist
  2. Thomas Stearns Eliot OM, usually known as T. S. Eliot, was an essayist, publisher, playwright, literary and social critic, and "one of the twentieth century's major poets". Wikipedia
  3. Full nameThomas Stearns Eliot

  1. Asher Brown Durand
    Painter
  2. Asher Brown Durand was an American painter of the Hudson River School. Wikipedia
  3. PeriodHudson River School

That's it from me today,

I wish all my American friends and bloggers a happy Independence Day!

CU tomorrow,

Lisca



1 comment:

Bridget Larsen said...

As soon as I saw the card I thought it was Anne Frank, scared the heebeegeebees out of me seeing how high she was. I love how we get a glimpse of the bridge. sometimes photos someone takes makes the best postcards. Thanks for playing in PCAD