Wednesday 19 November 2014

WOYWW 285 - Friendship and postcards

Hi desk hoppers, it’s Wednesday again! (If you have no idea what WOYWW Whats On Your Workdesk Wednesday is, go to Julia’s blog:http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.com.es/ and read all about it.)

Here is my desk as it was last night around midnight. A total mess! So much stuff on the go.

The left hand side of my desk still has Christmas stuff on it as I haven’t quite finished my Christmas cards. There is a stamp set and a small paper stack from 2011 (another old magazine freebie). The 12x12 paper is ready to do a layout for the CSI challenge that I like doing (http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com/). The colours this week are really nice and there is a sketch by Em Stafrace to guide me.
On the right hand side of my desk you can see my lovely Anna Griffin ruler and a ‘holly’ punch.  On my closed laptop there are some insoles I was cutting out. (I have bought two new pair of bootties and I like insoles in them. That is more comfortable.) You can also see four postcards that I received this week. I belong to a club called Postcrossing. (www.postcrossing.com) There are around half a million members all over the world and when I request (online) a random address to send a card to, someone else (also random) will send me a card. I have received hundreds of cards over the years. I have my favourites. I like images of doors and windows.

Here are four of my Christmas cards. The bottom right hand one is made with that 6 or 7 year old kit I showed you last week, the two left hand ones are cheat cards. (images cut from old cards and re-used).

My little grandson is doing fine. He is home, drinking well, sleeping well and already putting on weight. Thank you for all your good wishes.

I’m still crafting in the pantry, it’s nice and cosy. The building of the house is coming on nicely. We are building on a hill/cliff. The plot narrows towards the top, resulting in a small strangely triangular shaped bedroom on the top floor.

 But to make up for it, the window (and view) are spectacular.

To finish: here is one of the cards (from Germany). The quote is loosely translated: Friendship is a door between two people. It can sometimes creek, it can jam, but it is never locked.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. As most of you know, I take all week to look at your desks. I love to read what you're up to, watch photos, follow links and look at earlier posts. 
Have a good week and CU next Wednesday!
Lisca



24 comments:

  1. Great looking post today. I love all the cards and the pictures of your home renovation. We have a friend in Bunyola Mallorca and he just renovated a house and built on a funny shaped room at the top of his house…I think Americans are soft and don't realize how easy that they have it with the single floor homes and cars to drive everywhere. Have a great week. Vickie #17

    ReplyDelete
  2. my my! what a busy desk Lisca! Those cards look wonderful, crafting in the pantry obviously suits you! I love pictures of doors too - that's a really beautiful one :o) Happy WOYWW Annie C #31

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisca!
    I am reading your blog for quite a while and I really enjoy it. It is wonderful, that we can participate at your house constructing and your family life. Thank you for sharing!
    Oh nice cards, esp. That with the door.
    Cheers
    Gabriele 26

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the door pic and your house will be absolutely amazing when finished. Must try to get inspired to make some cards :(
    sandra de @21

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cards you made, and I like the look of the Christmas paper pad you have on your desk - I'm starting to think I had better get on and make my cards now. Hope you have a great week,
    Diana #32

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisca - so many good things in your post this week. Great that your GS is doing well. I love your cards (and that you recycle old ones, like me) and the house seems to be coming on fine. I love that friendship statement, and will be 'borrowing' that to use on some of mine, in future. Happy WOYWW, Chris # 8

    ReplyDelete
  7. Allereerst: gefeliciteerd met je kleindochter!!! Ja, ik ben véél te laat met m'n woyww rondje - een week zelfs! - dus nu moest ik natuurlijk twee blogposts lezen/zien. En er is altijd zoveel te zien bij jou! Zo leuk!!! Je bureau, je papier-projecten, je 'huis perikelen' en dan nog vanalles random (taarten!) Het is geweldig dat je op zo'n manier een inkijkje in je leven geeft... alsof ik je een beetje ken! Heb een hele fijne week Lisca! Liefs uit Zeeland, Marit #44

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy WOYWW. Thank you for sharing so much of your life. I dream about moving to Spain - I love the climate, the landscapes and I actually cry when we get back onto a plane to fly back to the UK! I have got that paper pad from 2011. It is really useful and I use a bit each year. Ali x #42

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the view from that window is fabulous - will that be your craft room? It would be lovely to work in a room with those views x

    Love your cards and nothing wrong with a bit of recycling from other cards. I often recycle images from cards that I have loved especially if I know that the image will be just perfect for someone else. I hate getting rid of the cards at the end of the year - i keep the handmade ones for inspiration and any of the other cards that I cannot use myself either get made into gift tags or I give them to a local charity that make new charity cards from them for their funds.

    Have a good week in the pantry - Best wishes KraftyKaren #58

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would say that for someone who is having to craft in the pantry right now, you are doing an amazing job! Almost every week I see crafters who are having some kind of moving, rearranging or building going on so they've had to pick up their supplies and go where they can to find a spot to craft, and I always admire the sheer determination and creative thinking of crafters because of that! Love that door. Happy Wednesday! Sandy Leigh #53

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely adore those silhouette stamps and the card of the door. Have a lovely week, Lisca! zsuzsa @InkyDinkyDoodle #39

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look busy busy busy. Love those cards and your view out that window is amazing. TFS

    Karon #49
    Karon's Krafty Korner

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, your desk looks full of fun today! the building work looks like it's coming along nicely... what a fabulous view! Helen 4

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your house is certainly interesting - like idea of a triangular room. You're right the view is wonderful. Love the door and the quote. Glad the baby is doing well. Anne x #34

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lisca, what a lovely idea swapping cards. The building looks as though it's coming along well and the room looks interesting.
    Hope you have a great crafty week, Angela x 28

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh girl to have that view...How wonderful to wake to that each morning! I know you are anxious to have this finished and I just know it is going to be awesome. Love your cards too! Very pretty!
    Glenda #40

    ReplyDelete
  17. That card is beautiful but boy that view is just stunning. I bet you can't wait to move in.
    Have a great week,
    Von #23

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a great post! I love that view to be! You are one lucky gal...
    Hugs,
    Beth P
    #73

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, you've certainly got a lot going on, too, Lisca! Your new house is coming on splendidly, too. What a view! I love the German card. Not just a great sentiment, but the old door is so gorgeous... I love things like this, and whenever I encounter them I have to photograph them!

    Thanks for your visit and your lovely comment. Although I got my sewing machine in May, I've only just started using it, so you are right - the instruction book is permanently out at the moment! The trouble is, I can never remember how to thread it lol!! One day I shall probably laugh at myself as I do it with my eyes shut. I am feeling much better now, thank you, and trying to catch up with things, and yes, the weight loss does give one a boost!

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #33

    ReplyDelete
  20. A busy desk has a happy creator!! I was reading your Bio, you live in a cave house. How romantic and that view looks spectacular. Keep smiling and creating. PS I just recently unearthed the serger, and it took me 20 frustrating minutes just to thread it properly LOL .

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for your lovely comment, Lisca, and I'm glad you like my soaps! I was very pleased with how the decorative band came out for the last one. I wish you could smell them... I am longing to make more of these!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really love watching your quirky home developing...it's gorgeous and has real character. Thanks for visiting me earlier and for your lovely comments.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Lisca, what a lovely swap group you belong to. Lovely photo and the sentiment is great- would make a brilliant stamp, I think. Love seeing the in progress shots of your new home. Have the rest of a great week, Hugs, Shaz #2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow! That silver snowflake ornament is just brilliant. I've made a very basic version of the same shape, with children at the local primary school, using paper plates. That was fun. Thank you for your kind comment today.

    Fiona #4

    ReplyDelete