Thursday 27 March 2014

What's on my desk

Today is Wednesday and many bloggers do a Workplace Wednesday or My Desk on Wednesday or something similar. I don’t know how to link up with these initiatives but I’ll show you my desk nonetheless. You can see what a craft room in a cave looks like and also have a peep at my next lay out.
This is my next project. A lovely photo of me and my step-daughter Tracey in a colour scheme suggested by this week’s Color, Stories and Inspiration. CSI for short.  CSI is a weekly scrapbooking challenge that inspires you to try new colors schemes and to tell your stories. Their Case Files provide inspiration that will get you thinking about scrapbooking in a whole new way.
A new Case File opens for investigation every Friday evening at 6:00 p.m. EST. Come join the design team and CSI members in a live chat every reveal night!
CSI is all about inspiration and sharing and, most important, fun!
This is what I bought this week: decorative thread. It’s meant for making bracelets, but I’m sure I can do nice things with them in my scrapbooking. The red on the right is exactly the red colour of the CSI challenge, so I might do some real stitching!
I’ve been experimenting with paper flowers. This one is my first attempt, inspired by a tutorial by sreechinnu2007 published on YouTube in 2012. In April I will start my first craft workshop for women in the village and I have been asked to do flowers, so they can cover the big wooden cross with paper flowers for the festival in May. So I’m practicing. I think this one is very pretty. Next I’ll try a smaller version of this.
A last glimpse, just to show you my birthday cards (It was my birthday last Sunday).

Thank you for looking. Have a good day wherever you are in the world. 
God Bless and until next time.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful glimpse to your crating cave! love what I see.
    What a great shout out for CSI :) I'm also in the middle of making my lo for the current case file.
    And above all - Happy belated birthday! I hope you celebrated well and that you got many presents :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog...I keep meaning to do WOrkplace wed but keep forgetting...love seeing what you're up to!!!! You need to pop up your followers thingy on the sidebar...then we can follow you! Mind you, I'm gonna add you to my Bloglovin list so I can keep up with you:):)!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi lovely Lizzy, I'm afraid I don't know how to 'pop' the followers 'thingy'. I wish someone would tell me. I might message EmStafrace, she will know.

      Delete
  3. When you go to your blogger dashboard, go into layout, then click on one of those side bongs where it says to add to add a gadget...so do it on the side one....click that. From the drop down box that appears scroll down to find it...OOOPS!!!! That's how I did mine...but it doesn't appear to be there.....but have a look in there anyways...gotta go my mum has arrived!!!! Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete